COLOMBIA NESTOR & ADRIAN LASSO - FILTER (GRAPE JUICE, ANAEROBIC SEMI WASHED)
Unit price per
Region: Pitalito, Huila
Variety: Red bourbon
Process: Anaerobic semi washed
Notes: Grape, violet, tropical fruits.
This coffee comes from Nestor Lasso and his brother Adrian from the El Diviso farm. The farm covers an 18 hectare area comprised of 15 ha of coffee and 2 ha of forest area. The farm carries great diversity of varietals, currently home to Caturra, Colombia, Castillo, Tabi, Pink Bourbon, Red Bourbon, Yellow Bourbon, Bourbon Ají, Caturra Chiroso, Geisha, Sidra, Java, Pacamara. Nestor is using fully washed, semi washed and natural methods and uses parabolic dryers as well as raised African beds and some mechanical drying. 80000 coffee trees grow here at a range of 1700-1850 metres.
Producer Nestor says, “We are the third generation that has been growing coffee. Our grandfather, José Uribe, was the founder of the farm El Diviso. With the work of all the family and constant savings we were able to build the infrastructure to process differentiated coffees; searching for better quality, both in coffee and our lives. After a long trial and error period we managed to standardise different processes, getting a better income in order to plant new varieties that allowed us to have better quality. One of our dreams is to produce specialty coffee that reaches all the world.”
- Floating process in order to select the best cherries only (fully ripe).
- Anaerobic fermentation in cans with grape juice at 16-18 degrees Celsius.
- The cherries are moved to a big tank where an oxidation process of 36 hours takes place.
- The coffee is pulped and mucilage oxidation for 12 hours of the coffee in its parchment state.
- Submerged fermentation at 65-70 degrees celsius during 36 hours. The coffee is stirred occasionally to keep the mixture homogenous. Note: approximately 50% of the mucilage is removed at this moment.
- The coffee is moved to parabolic dryers for 18-24 days until 11% moisture is reached. During this phase the temperature never goes above 30 degrees Celsius.
Net weight 250gr